Bareboat & Skippered Charters Terms & Conditions
Charter rates in Euro refer to weekly (7 nights / 6 days) charter period, including:
Current VAT for charters as stated by the Greek law. Agent’s commission 20% (calculated on net prices, having deducted the VAT), welcome kit, final cleaning, bed sheets & towels (one set per person), first fill for outboard engine, a spare bottle of gas, first & last night at the marina/port, use of yacht with her equipment (VHF, Music Player, GPS, Autopilot, Dinghy, Warm water supply, Sprayhood, Bimini/tent, Blankets) – equipment confirmed upon inquiry by Poseidon Sails Offer Statement, for detailed specification for each yacht refer to email@example.com.
Charter rates do not include:
Fuel & fresh water consumption, travel insurance, trip cancellation or curtailment insurance, crew (i.e. skipper/cook), berthing fees, provisioning, transfers, charterer’s expenses & extras. Provisioning: Food & beverage can be arranged for Charterer in advance, using the e-provisioning service but chosen food supplies are delivered to the yacht only after the yacht has been handed over (check-in complete). Travel services: Airport welcome and transfers, etc. can be arranged upon request.
Embarkation: charter period start date from 17:00
Disembarkation: charter period end date by 09:00
Return to Re-delivery Base – Compulsory: return to base the evening before disembarkation, at 18h00 at the latest. Check-in/out procedures time is considered to be part of the charter period.
Poseidon Sails charter base: Athens Alimos marina – Charter Village Box A24.
- Standard discount: 10%
- 2 weeks charter or more: 5%
- Boat show: 5%
- Repeat Poseidon Sails Customers 5%
- Last-minute discount (2 weeks before charter date): 25%
- Maximum total discount: 25%
Compulsory per charter:
Standard Charter Pack* (not commissionable & payable directly by Charterer in cash at the base, prior to embarkation):
Lagoon 450, Bali 4.4 & Oceanis 51.1: 300€
Bali 4.6: 350€
Optional Crew Services*:
- Skipper: 190€ per day (plus his provisioning)
- Hostess (breakfast & 1 meal per day): 170€ per day (plus her provisioning)
- Cook (breakfast & 2 meals per day): 190€ per day (plus provisioning)
Pet on board up to 4kg: 120€ per charter
Optional Equipment arrangements*:
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle): 120€ per charter week
- Safety net installed: 260€ per charter
- Extra linen: 10€ per person
- Extra towels: 10€ per person
- Beach towels: 10€ per towel
Optional Pack arrangements*:
- INTERNET Pack: Wi-Fi router for Internet aboard (subject to GSM coverage up to 10GB/week), 80€ per charter week
- FAST TRACK Pack: Fast track access to the yacht IF feasible: by 14:00, 100€ per charter
*Extras by independent providers, not commissionable, subject to availability, payable prior to embarkation AT BASE directly by Charterer in cash. Listed Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date (VAT 24%), subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Broker, the Stakeholder, or the Supplier. Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that results in a change of VAT and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
As per Charter Party Terms, Charterer will provide at Base before embarkation a Security Deposit as per Poseidon Sails offer; payment by credit card, VISA, or MasterCard only (no debit cards).
The Security deposit applies per insurable event (damage or loss. This means that should an incident occur, in order to be covered against a 2nd incident, the Charterer must replenish the Security deposit to the initial amount. In any other case, the Stakeholder and/or Owner may treat the charter agreement as repudiated by Charterer and end the charter.
Yacht Insurance: All boats are insured against:
- Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to the hull, machinery, and equipment
- Third-party liability
- Sea pollution liability
- A deductible provision is applied, depending on the yacht’s value
- All prices in Euro, price list subject to change without notice.
- Charter Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date (VAT 12% on charter fee, 24% on all other prices), subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner. Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that result in a change of VAT and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
- Charter Price: 50% of the total charter fee due and payable upon reservation to confirm the booking (the latest 10 days after the booking confirmation).
- Balance payment 50% due 35 days prior to embarkation.
- Extras (marked with *) are payable to independent providers prior to embarkation AT BASE directly by Charterer in cash (i.e. standard charter pack, crew arrangements, optional equipment & charter pack & services)
- Booking is not confirmed until 1st payment is cleared to the Poseidon Sails bank account stated on the booking confirmation. Charter will take place only if all payments are confirmed in cleared funds in due time.
- All payments are in Euro. All amounts must be received in full, in cleared funds net of payment/credit card/banking commissions and expenses.
Beneficiary: POSEIDON SAILS Y.KANTZIS L.P.
Beneficiary’s address: 25 Karaoli Dimitriou str., 12461 Chaidari, Greece
- Charter prices in Poseidon Sails’ official price list include the Agent’s commission: 20% applicable on the charter fee net of VAT (i.e. on the amount of final charter price after VAT has been deducted). Price list subject to change without notice.
- Optional & compulsory extras and additional services are non-commissionable.
- Agent Commission Invoice to be issued to Yacht Owner company (details to be provided) – one month prior to the charter. Bookings accepted from EU-based businesses are subject to having mandatory VIES registered VAT numbers.
- Commission invoices must be delivered to Poseidon Sails within 7 days from the issuance date; invoices received past due will have to be canceled and re-issued by issuing Agent. Poseidon Sails reserves the right to, without liability, at any time cancel a booking because Agent has not provided their commission invoice in a timely and compliant manner.
Company Details for invoicing:
Poseidon Sails Y.Kantzis L.P
Address: 25 Karaoli Dimitriou str., 12461 Chaidari, Greece
Tax Number: EL801722094
If any of the below conditions apply:
- In case of official travel restriction from/to Greece and from/to charterer’s origin country during the period of the scheduled charter.
- In case of closed borders of Greece or the charterer’s origin country during the period of the scheduled charter.
Then every charterer has the following option:
- Rescheduling of charter dates later in the same season as the initial booking or next season.
For rescheduling, the charter to new dates then Poseidon Sails has to be informed in writing at least 35 days before the start date of the charter.
Any price difference (if applicable) will have to be covered by the charterer.
In case of rescheduling, the charter dates the payment terms & dates remain the same as per the initial booking confirmation.
* Mandatory quarantine is not included in the above conditions therefore rescheduling, in this case, is not applicable.
Booking Cancellation Policy
No-Show Cancellation: 100% of all amounts including charter price, mandatory/optional extras, and any crew are due.
Time of Cancellation (Notification to Poseidon Sails in Writing)
- 1 to 35 days prior to departure: 100% of the total charter price
- 36 to 90 days prior to departure: 50% of the total charter price
- 91 days or more prior to departure: 30% of the total charter price
Yacht Charter does not include Charterer’s / Skipper’s Liability Insurance, nor Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance. Charterers are advised to obtain cover of Travel Insurance and Skipper’s Liability Insurance that cover all aspects of the trip.
- Subject to Poseidon Sails Booking.
- Options are placed upon request for a maximum of 3 days.
- Bookings confirmed only when: duly signed Charter Party has been provided to Poseidon Sails and 1st payment have been cleared in Poseidon Sails bank account in due time.
- Poseidon Sails reserves the right to, without any liability, cancel bookings for which documentation and/or payments have not been provided in due time and in compliance with booking and charter party terms & conditions.
- Yacht’s specification and equipment may vary from those presented on the internet or promotional material, exact yacht & equipment details are valid only as listed/described in the specific offer statement provided by Poseidon Sails in response to each inquiry. Information, photos, and videos on Poseidon Sails webpages are not binding and do not constitute a contractual document, it is only indicative of the type and model of the yachts offered. They are not actual pictures or actual videos of the vessels offered by the company (unless expressly stated therein).
- Described services and facilities are indicative. They may vary depending on actual conditions (for example the period, base, or yacht chartered).
- Only documentation (forms/contracts/checklists) issued by Poseidon Sails can be accounted for as official proof of the conditions of each charter and guest comments and evaluations on such forms are to be accounted for as testimony on the services provided. Any other documents/forms aside from those issued by Poseidon Sails (i.e. for Inventory, Delivery, Redelivery, etc.) will be disregarded.
- By requesting Charter Party to be issued by Poseidon Sails, Charterer and Agents acknowledge having read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions of booking and of Charter Party.
- By taking delivery of the yacht, even if effected and signed by Skipper, Charterer confirms acceptance without modification of all Charter Party Terms & Conditions and assumes full responsibility pursuant to those terms.
- In cases of complaints, notice must be given to the Stakeholder by written communication specifying the precise nature of the complaint within 24-hours of the event or occurrence and not after the charter period has ended. Any claim or complaint after such a period may be disregarded.
- Poseidon Sails is not responsible for any typing errors that may occur.
Minimum requirements involve that,
- one crew member presents the Port Authority with an appropriate sailing certificate, proving his competence as Skipper.
- Subject to applicable Greek legislation, qualifications are to be approved by the local Port Authority on the day of departure. Charterer is at all times liable for the suitability of his qualification and certification. Day Skipper Certificates may be rejected by the Port Authority and Charterers are therefore advised to ensure they have an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). Typically, any holder of the “Day Skipper” certificate can obtain their ICC from the yachting association that issued their Day Skipper certificate and the process usually requires nothing more than a simple application. Please contact your yachting association in time for your trip (we suggest that you allow at least 20 days for the certificate to be issued). Also, any other certificates bearing daylight use limitations are being rejected by Greek port authorities if the charter duration exceeds 24 hours. Other causes of license rejection may include navigation limited to less than 20nm.
- Broker, Stakeholder, and Owner shall not be responsible if skipper certification is rejected by Port Authority, and Poseidon Sails reserves the right to require that charterers hire a professional skipper if their sailing skills and qualifications are deemed insufficient.